Sunday 28 September 2014

10 Books I enjoyed in 2014 so Far!

I was going to wait until the end of the year to post my favourites, but I've read so many amazing books this year so I wanted to make sure all of them were mentioned! Since a lot of books are going to be mentioned, the reasoning as to why I chose them will be short. (They're in no particular order)

1. The Lux Series by Jennifer. L. Armentrout
This is sort of cheating, but I just loved the series so much and couldn't pick just one! (Though if I did it would probably be Opposition) If you're looking for a fast-paced, entertaining read this is it! (4.75/5)
 
2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
This was such an amazing conclusion to the series, and I loved how it wrapped up one series while simultaneously starting another. (4.5/5)
3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
This book was AMAZING!!! Such a great end to this beautiful, magnificent trilogy! I read this so quickly, and was in tears by the end! I loved it and highly recommend it! Her books are beautifully written and funny at the same time! (5/5)
4. Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
This is the last book in the duology and I liked it so much better than the first. This book really made me appreciate Annie more as a character. I also love the way the book was written from two different points of view, and then they both came to the same point in the end! (4.8/5)
5. Cress by Marissa Meyer
This is the third book in the series, and they just keep getting better and better! I read this book while on vacation over March Break; I wouldn't leave the hotel room until I finished at least two chapters because I literally couldn't stop reading! It was non-stop action/adventure! (5/5)
6. The One by Kiera Cass
This is the third-but not final-book in the Selection series! I loved this so much! It was one of my most anticipated books of the year and it sure didn't disappoint! (5/5)
7. Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Ahhh! The Splintered series is my favourite series of all time and this book made it official! Who knew a sequel could be so FANTASTIC! This series is unique, fast paced, witty, entertaining, and all around fun! Highly, highly recommend! (5/5)
8. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
I only read this book because it was the Booksplosion book of the month. By the time I finished it I LOVED it! It was hilarious, but had an amazing plot! Can't wait for the sequel! (4.8/5)
9. To all the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This was a great contemporary. I loved the writing and how there was a really strong family dynamic; and that's something that's excluded from most YA novels. (5/5)
10. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
I love this trilogy so much, it's just so captivating and unique! All the books in this series are action-packed and just so well written! (5/5)
 
Like I said earlier, these are just ten of the many books I enjoyed throughout the year so far! I will post another entry at the end of the year where I discuss my ultimate top 10! Thanks for reading! ~Birdie





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts