Sunday 5 October 2014

Book Spotlight: Reboot by Amy Tintera

            Book Spotlight is a new segment I wanted to start on my blog, so I thought Reboot by Amy Tintera would be a great book to start with!
 
           Reboot is the first book in a duology and is Amy's debut novel. First, let me just congratulate Amy on not only such an amazing debut novel, but a fantastic debut series as well! This is such an interesting and unique take on zombies that I found really enjoyable and intriguing. The writing style of this book is fantastic. Reboot has a great pace, and it flowed nicely throughout the entire book. I loved how it was a fast-paced, continuous/consistent story in that it never started to lag or drag, and the writing always had the same feel.
            This book has everything a reader could ever want in a novel: action, wit, and romance! I've re-read this book multiple times, and for each one I couldn't put it down, and my love for it increased with every turn of a page.
             This book has an interesting twist on zombies. Mostly found in teens (occasionally adults), a newfound disease causes people to wake up or come back to life after they die, and depending on how long they're dead for they become stronger, faster, and more emotionless than an average human. We follow Wren, the Reboot with the longest death time of 178 minutes. The pride and joy of HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation) As they're most prized soldier she's incredibly fast, strong, and well, empty. Or so everyone thought. Later she meets Calum, 22. Complete opposite of herself, and together they work to find out what secrets HARC has been keeping from them, and what really lies out in the world behind the fences of Texas.
              If you haven't read this book yet I highly recommend it! Both books are out now so you can marathon the whole duology.

Published: HarperTeen, May 7th, 2013
Pages: 365
Source: Hardcover, purchased
Genre: Dystopian
Rating: 4.8/5 (92%)
Favourite Quotes:
  • “Want to dance? We have music this time. And I don't have to punch you when we finish.”
  • “Humans had a brightness to them, a glow that only death extinguished.”
  • “I still have the scars from when they captured me and beat me in the middle of the street."
    "You don't get scars."
    "Emotional scars then.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts