Sunday 7 December 2014

2015 Reading Resolutions

As of December 7th, 2014 I've read 89 books. Which to me is a huge accomplishment, I've never read this many books in a year in my entire life. The main difference this year than any other reading year for me is that this year I discovered the reading community, whether it be on BookTube or on Book Blogs, these two mediums have pushed me to read much more and to really see the value of reading.

My reading goal on Goodreads for 2014 is to complete 90 books, I'm only one book away from meeting this goal, but the number I've been pushing myself toward is 100. Of course, during the summer 100 looked like an attainable number, but now that school's started again this is going to be a hard feat. There are a lot of things I'd like to change about the way I read in 2015.

Firstly, I'm definitely going to set a reading goal on Goodreads because they're a great way to keep track of how many books you've read, and keep you going so you can complete your goal. I don't think I'll be aiming for 100 books in 2015 because it's really not a realistic number for me and what's going on in my life right now. My goal will probably be set on 70-80 books but I haven't quite decided yet.

Another thing I'm going to work on is scheduling out my time more. Since I know have a lot of school work and I'm attempting to run this blog, I need to schedule out certain days where I'll post on the blog, and make time for school work and reading. This, I think, is going to be a challenge for me because I'm really bad at making and sticking to schedules but I'm definitely going to work on that because I really enjoy reading and blogging.

In 2015 I'm also going to try to read a wider variety of books, I find I generally gravitate towards Young Adult, mainly dystopian and contemporary. I plan on trying to push myself out of my comfort zone and read some middle grade, some more paranormal, sci-fi, and graphic novels. The few books I have read from these genres were excellent, and they've made me want to read more from this genre.

Overall, in 2015 I just want to expand and improve my reading habits, that's my one major goal. I hope to become a better blogger and review more books, and I hope to read more books and not waste so much time on reading slumps, or books I'm not liking. I really hope these resolutions aren't like the other ones where you forget about following through the week after New Years.
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts