Tuesday 23 December 2014

Top 14 Books of 2014

Finally, the time has come for me to post my favourite books of 2014! I'm so excited to share these with you, I've been saving this post for a while! As of now, I've read 93 books in 2014; there's a slight possibility I'll read more but I don't want to force myself since I've already reached my goal of 90. Well, the moment you've been waiting for...my 14 most favourite books of 2014! These aren't just books that were released in 2014, but books I've read during the year. (Also, these are in no particular order because it was hard enough narrowing it down to 14!)

14. Origin by Jennifer. L. Armentrout (Lux #4)
Rating: 5/5
Loved this book! It's my favourite book in the series because it was so action-packed and hilarious! But that cliff hanger...








13. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Rating: 5/5
This book came as such a surprise to me! I read it because it was the Booksplosion book of the month and didn't expect to love it as much as I do!








12. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #3)
Rating: 5/5
Ohmigosh this book was and is phenomenal! The perfect conclusion! You could really see the depth of Juliette's growth in this, and Warner was just perfect as usual. Of course one can't forget Kenji and his trademark humor!







11. Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Rating: 5/5
This is now my favourite in the series so far! Each book just gets better and better! I don't know what I'm going to do when the series is over and I'm going to have to say goodbye to the characters, but at least I don't have to worry about that for another two books!






10. In The After by Demitria Lunetta (In The After #1)
Rating: 4.75/5
This was such a fantastic sci-fi! Loved every second of reading this! I can't wait to continue on and see what's in store for Amy!








9. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Rating: 5/5
This was a truly beautiful book, definitely a must read. This is a timeless tale that anyone can learn from. I'm so happy I finally got around to reading it!








8. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Rating: 4.5/5
I didn't expect to love this book because a lot of people were saying it doesn't live up to the hype, but I was pleasantly surprised. I loved this book, it's my first YA mystery novel and this really put me in the mood to read more books in this genre!






7. Unhinged by A.G. Howard (Splintered #2)
Rating: 5/5
Ok, honestly it's no surprise by now that these books are literally my favourites because I do nothing but talk about how awesome they are, so I'm not going to say too much because I mention them in every post!







6. Graceling by Kristen Cashore (Graceling Realm #1)
Rating: 5/5
This is the first fantasy novel I've ever read and it's made me super excited to pick up more books from this genre! It didn't take me long to read this book, I found the premise really interesting, and the plot very engaging! It was also fun to follow Katsa and Po around all the time!






5. Maus I by Art Spiegelman (Maus #1)
Rating: 4/5
This was such a fantastic graphic novel. I loved all the history that was included in this, and the characters and setting were portrayed uniquely which made the book a lot more intriguing.







4. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky #3)
Rating: 5/5
I have to admit this conclusion was so amazing it moved me to tears! This was such a bittersweet ending! I loved the way it concluded, I'm just sad to say goodbye to some of my favourite characters!







3. The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)
Rating: 4.25/5
This was an amazing installment in the series! America was becoming more independent and self-aware in this book! We really got to see a lot more of the world in this book, and I'm excited to learn more in the next installments!







2. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (To All The Boys #1)
Rating: 5/5
This book was hilarious! I loved reading about Lara Jean and Peter! This was one of the few books where I really loved the main characters family! Jenny Han's writing style is fantastic and I can't wait to read more of her books!







1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Rating: 5/5
This book was really inspirational. I related a lot to the main character Emily, and I enjoyed reading about her journey and seeing her grow as a person! This is such a fantastic contemporary novel and I'm so happy I read it!







Those are my top 14 books of 2014! It was so hard to choose because I read so many amazing books this year! What are your favourite books of the year? Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts