Monday 22 December 2014

Top 5 Favourite Female Protagonists

I thought I'd mix it up today with a not so Christmas themed post. I'm finally going to talk about my favourite female protagonists! There are so many amazing girls I've read about, and so many I have yet to discover! The main factor for me that makes a book enjoyable is obviously the main character, so to find one that leaves an impression on you is remarkable! I think the main characters need some more recognition, considering they have such a huge impact on us! These are just my top five but trust me, there's plenty more where these came from!

5. Juliette from the Shatter Me trilogy.
Juliette is such an incredibly strong character who goes through intense character development. She's so admirable and I've definitely been inspired by her in many ways!

4. Alyssa from the Splintered trilogy.
I love Alyssa for many reasons, but mainly because she was thrown into this new, twisted and scary world and was strong enough to adapt and work through it at the drop of a hat.

3. Tris from Divergent trilogy.
Tris is a model of true bravery and courage. Since I first read the series a couple years ago Tris has inspired me to be brave and to never give up (as cheesy as that sounds).

2. Katniss from The Hunger Games trilogy.
Katniss was the first person I ever read about that really resonated with me. She's completely changed how I think, she's shown me how to be strong, conscious, and observant.

1. Cath from Fangirl.
While reading this book I was amazed because Cath is so much like me. We're both extreme introverts that love to read. I became immensely attached to this book because I related so much to Cath. Seeing her grow, and change into a more out-going person really made me feel like I could do the same (it's a work in progress).

*Honourable mention*: Amy from the In The After duology.
I've only read the first book in this duo and so far Amy has bee absolutely incredible! I love how strong, independent, and smart she is! I couldn't make a post about amazing female protagonists without mentioning her!

Sorry this post was short today, I've been busy and I'm starting to run out of ideas! I've been saving a post I'm really excited about for closer to the 24th, so look out for that! Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts