Monday 6 April 2015

Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins

Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
Published: Putnam Juvenile, April 7th, 2015
Pages: 288
Source: Hardcover, purchased
Genre: Fantasy, paranormal
Rating: 5/5

How I Felt:  All I have to say is that Rachel Hawkins is such a talented writer. This book was hilarious yet still managed to be serious when it needed to. I can't believe this is the last book. That's not possible. I need more Harper and David A.S.A.P!

This book was full of action just like the first book, and had me laughing just as hard as well! Harper was such a great protagonist, her southern sass has to be the best! I loved the Aunts in this, they don't always appear in the books but when they do I always feel 10x happier!

I will admit the ending moved me to tears. It was a waterfall of emotions because the ending was not okay at all.

I really didn't like Ryan in this, I didn't like him in the first book either but in this one I always wanted to slap him. I also didn't like Bee either, she just felt a lot different and even though Harper was okay with her, I wasn't.

The whole magic thing took a really interesting turn in this book, we got to learn more about it but I still don't think it was enough. I really would've liked to learn more about the history and origination of Oracles and Mages and Paladins. It would've been great to learn more about Saylor and Christopher as well.

Another thing I wish we got to learn more about is Harper's late sister, Leigh-Ann. She was mentioned a bunch of times but we never really got to learn anything about her except from Harper's sudden and sporadic memories of her.

I also feel like the ending was really rushed, it kinda came out of nowhere. Everything was happy and then BAM! Tragedy and THE END.

My favourite character in these books is most definitely Harper. Despite her being an awesome ninja-assassin she was funny, stubborn, and smart. Of course I loved David too, especially the way he interacted with Harper.

The southern flair thrown into this book was much appreciated, it just helped to lighten the mood and atmosphere.


Overall Miss Mayhem was a fantastic sequel! I can't wait to read more books by Rachel Hawkins and if you haven't already picked up Rebel Belle I highly suggest you do so!

Favourite Quotes:
  • "Is that your Oracle self talking, or just your concerned boyfie self?"
  •  "I do not know what 'totes' means in this context, but I assure you, no one is 'going on their merry way,' Miss Price."
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

***Quotes taken from Goodreads.com and Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins***
*Info on book taken from Goodreads.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts