Tuesday 26 May 2015

Book Spotlight: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige!

I've done this one time before on my blog and decided to do another post because I think it's so fun and such a great way to discover new books!

This post is going to be dedicated to Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. If you haven't heard of this book yet you've been missing out on a lot! It puts an awesomely dark twist on The Wizard of Oz! Dark and twisted fairy tales are some of my favourite books to read so as soon as I heard about this book I had to pick it up and read it ASAP!

Dorothy Must Die is the debut book for author Danielle Paige, and what a great book this is to start your writing career with! This book put such an interesting spin on the classic tale of Dorothy and Oz! Everything was backward and twisted and you didn't know who to trust which made the story that much more interesting!

As of now the first two books in this trilogy are out: Dorothy Must Die and The Wicked Will Rise, along with three prequel novelas: No Place Like Oz, The Witch Must Burn & The Wizard Returns. I've read all of these books except for The Wizard Returns (which I plan on purchasing soon) and I loved every single one of them! They just get better and better as you read them!

These books are full of action, mystery, and comedy mixed with a dash of romance! The perfect recipe for a YA book!

Dorothy Must Die in particular was very well written. I really loved reading from Amy Gumm's perspective because she's hilarious and kick butt! I also loved getting to see how much Oz has changed since we left it in the original tale. This is definitely a book I can see myself re-reading time and time again.

If you haven't read this book yet I highly suggest you do! This is perfect for lovers of fairy tales and fantasy.

Published: HarperTeen, April 1st, 2014
Pages: 452
Source: Hardcover, purchased
Genre: Fairy tale retelling, fantasy
Rating: 4.25/5
Favourite Quotes:
  • “Sometimes only pain can heal.”
  • “No matter how tough you think you are, there are certain things that just get to you, and they’re usually the little things. The ones you don’t expect.”
  • “Those who have sacrificed always have the most to lose.”
  • “He just stared at me, his gaze intense. I couldn’t look away any more than I could move my arm. Energy crackled between us, and I felt a strange pull to him. Moth to flame. Magnet to magnet. Stupid girl to impossible, slightly mean witch boy. Wizard. Whatever.”
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

***Quotes taken from Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige and Goodreads.com***
*Info on book taken from Goodreads.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts