Tuesday 7 July 2015

My Favourite Books of 2015 so far!

Hey there book lover! Sorry it's been so long since I last made a blog post, I've just been very busy recently and things have finally slowed down now that it's SUMMER! So I just thought I'd share my top 7 books of the year so far because I've already read quite a few fantastic ones that I just need to talk about! Here they are in no particular order.


1. Significance by Shelly Crane.
This is a very recent read for me, I just read it a couple weeks ago in hopes of getting out of a mini reading slump. And boy did this book do the trick! I was hooked from page one and couldn't put it down! It's a paranormal romance that reminded me a lot of the Lux series. The first book is free for e-readers so I highly recommend you check it out!


2. Throne of Glass by Sarah. J. Maas.
This is the first book in a 6 book fantasy series. I picked it up because everyone everywhere has already read it and there were mini fights going on about which ship is endgame so I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. And I'm so glad I gave this book a shot! It was fast-paced, action-packed, and full of mystery! I have a review of it up on this blog if you want to know more about how I felt!


3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir.
Another book I picked up because of the hype, and another book that satisfied me and left me wanting more! A great fantasy book filled with intrigue, mystery, politics, and a lot of fantastical elements! A stunning début! I also have a review of this on this blog if you want to read more about my thoughts.

4. The Heir by Kiera Cass.
Of course I just had to get my hands on this book as soon as it came out because I absolutely loved the Selection series. This book did not disappoint! I just love the characters so much so it was really weird but fun to see them all as grownups and parents! I recommend this book if you love the Selection series! (And I have to say that I'm 100% team Kile!)


5. Angelfall and World After by Susan Ee.
I read these books because I remember Christine from PolandbananasBOOKS was raving about them. I'm so glad I did because they were so fast-paced and entertaining! It was very unique and for the first time in a long time the protagonist was actually intelligent and thought for herself. I highly recommend these and I can't wait to finally get to the last book!


6. Pawn by Aimee Carter.
This book surprised me, I picked it up just to get it off my TBR pile and found myself really enjoying it and wanting to continue with the series. The best way for me to describe it is to say it's a cross between Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, The Selection by Kiera Cass and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It was so good! I also really enjoyed the second book as well and I can't wait for the third book to come out so I can finally find out what happens!


7. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord.
I didn't expect this book to make this list at all because I've heard and seen so many negative reviews. But I was pleasantly surprised and blown away by this book! It's a quick, fun contemporary that focuses on the importance of friendship. I really liked the friendship aspect of this book and how it was portrayed. I felt myself really connecting with the main character and I really liked how she went through a lot of character development. I just finished this book yesterday so if you want to see my short goodreads review I'll leave that here.


Well, these are just some of my favorite books of the year so far, there are plenty more, I just don't want this post to be too long. What are some of your favorite books of the year so far?


Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts