Saturday 18 July 2015

My Summer TBR

I'm so excited to be done with school and just have all the time in the world to relax and read! I still have one week left of school so that means exams, but after that I'll be free! These are some of the books I'll be reading in the summer, this isn't guaranteed though because I don't usually stick to TBRs, but these are the books I need to get to before summer finishes!


1. Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid.
Yet another book that's been on my shelves for a while! I got this book when it first came out because it was one of the top books being hauled from BEA that year, a lot of people were reading it and enjoying it so I picked it up! I'm excited to read this because it's a road trip book told from a bunch of different perspectives. It sounds really fun and like a great summer read!






2. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han.
This is the sequel to To All The Boys I've Loved Before that came out last year. I read the first book as soon as it came out and fell in love with the characters! It was just such a fun, quick, and adorable contemporary read! I'm so excited to pick this one up and see what's going on with some of my favourite characters!




3. Entwined by Heather Dixon.
This book has been sitting on my shelf for about two years and I still haven't read it! I tried to read it a while ago but just couldn't get into it. I really want to give this book another chance because I really like the premise and fingers crossed it'll be good! It's a retelling of the 12 dancing princesses which was one of my favourite fairy tales as a kid!






4. The Archived by Victoria Schwab.
I'm so excited to read this book! It's been on my shelf for almost a year and I haven't picked it up yet because I haven't really ever been in the mood to read it. But now I'm going to read it no matter what! I've heard such great things about Victoria's writing style, and even though I've been told this isn't her best book I'm still so excited to read it and see what it's about and form my own opinions!






5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
I'm not too excited to pick up this book because I've tried to read it and get into it multiple times and haven't been able to. I also couldn't sit through more than 10 minutes of the movie. I really like the premise and it sounds really interesting and like something I'd enjoy, but there's something about the writing and story that's making me have a hard time enjoying it.








6. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse.
I picked this book up a few months ago but put it down to read another book. I want to pick it back up and continue reading because I was enjoying it and I've heard good things. It's also been on my TBR pile for a few years so I also want to read it because of that.






7. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows.
Another book that's been on my shelf forever. I bought this book when I was really interested in King Arthur reincarnation stories, and as I outgrew that phase, this book just kept getting pushed back on my TBR list. I want to finally pick it up now that all the books are out and read it because I still find the story really interesting and the cover is gorgeous!

Those are some of the books I plan on reading this summer! Let me know if there are some I should get to immediately!

Thanks for reading!

~Birdie

1 comment:

Popular Posts