Saturday 19 September 2015

2015 Reading Progress

I originally wanted to do the Mid-Year Book Freak Out tag but since it's now September and that time has passed I'll just talk about progress but use most of the same basic questions.

2015 hasn't been the best reading year for me so far. I've just been very busy and haven't had a lot of time for reading or blogging so it's become frustrating.

As of now, I've read 62 books this year (not counting re-reads) and am 9 books ahead of my 75 book goal. I'm okay with this number considering the circumstances but I really wanted to push myself to read 80. As of right now I don't think that's possible, but I'm going to keep trying anyway.

Looking back on my reading resolutions for the year, I haven't done too bad. In fact, I'm quite proud of myself. One of my goals was to expand my reading tastes by reading books from different genres. And I've done that a lot this year. I've read my first two graphic novels this year, and while I was a little underwhelmed, I'm glad I dove into this form of literature. I've also read quite a few fantasy and paranormal books this year, which at this time last year, were not generally books I gravitated towards. Now, I'm always looking for great fantasy recommendations, and some of my all time favourite books are now fantasies (*cough cough* Throne of Glass).

In terms of the books I've read this year I've read quite a few amazing ones. First of all I finally picked up Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and have become completely obsessed. Another stand out read is Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott; it's been about a week and a half since I've read that book and I still can't stop thinking about it! Victoria Scott has definitely become one of my new favourite authors! I can't wait to read more from her!

I haven't seen too many book to movie adaptations this year, and the ones I really liked were based off books I haven't read yet so I can't say anything about those. I think the only two book-movie adaptations I've watched so far this year were Insurgent and Paper Towns and I didn't really like either of those movies. But out of the two I liked Insurgent the best (or disliked it the least).

As of books I have yet to read but really want to get to, there are quite a few, as always.
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • I Was Here by Gayle Forman
  • Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
  • The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
  • The Cage by Megan Shepard
  • Queen of Shadows by the Queen.
And the list could go on forever.

That's pretty much all I wanted to wrap up. I will do another one of these at the end of the year just to see everything I've read and accomplished.

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts