Tuesday 13 October 2015

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Published: Feiwel & Friends, September 2nd, 2014
Pages: 374
Source: Hardcover, Purchased
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 4.5

How I Felt: I really enjoyed this book, it was such a fun read! It's definitely a great one to pick up in you're feeling like you're in a reading slump; it got me right out of one!

The world was so interesting and complex and I loved getting to learn new aspects of it. I love how science mixed together with magic in this world and I love that this was such a large part of the plot and development. The characters were all so unique, but they were so fun to see together and watch their relationships develop.

This book was very fast paced and I was able finish the book very quickly and enjoy all of it. The writing was amazing and I loved getting to see from different P.O.Vs in the third person, that's one of my favourite things about fantasy novels. Lily was obviously my favourite though. But it was interesting to occasionally read from the P.O.Vs of Gideon and Juliet because they were so different from Lily, and it added so much to the plot.

I need to dedicate an entire statement to Rowan because he is just glorious. I love Rowan. That is all.

Caleb and the new Tristan were amazing and it was so heartwarming to see their relationship with Lily grow and strengthen. It definitely brought tears to my eyes a few times!

The ending was so cool! It wasn't the biggest cliff-hanger I've ever read (it wasn't soul shattering) but it still was pretty mysterious and left me wanting more! I can't wait to get my hands on the next book and devour it! (And see more Rowan)

Overall, this was a really great read. I definitely recommend it to fantasy lovers! Even if you're not the biggest fantasy lover, it's not that difficult to get into this story. I'm so excited to see where the series goes!


Favourite Quotes: 
  •  “There comes a day when every girl loses the stars in her eyes. And then she can see clearly.”
  •  “Funny how quickly the mind moves, but how slowly time does when you’re in pain.” 
  •  “The people who love you will guide you like bright lights into the other worlds."
  •  “Worldfoam. I like that. It sounds fluffy.”
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

***Quotes taken from Goodreads.com and Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini***
*Info on book taken from Goodreads.com*

*Image taken from Google.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts