Sunday 20 December 2015

Books I NEED to get to!

Day 2 of the daily posts is upon us! Today I'll be sharing some of the books on my shelf that I need to get to. These books have been sitting there staring at me so long it's embarrassing. Most of these I've heard rave reviews about so I don't know why I keep putting them off. Without further ado, here they are!

1. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
I pre-ordered this book because I was so excited to see what happens after The Darkest Minds. I tried picking it up a few times but could never get into it. Now the series over and she just released a bind-up of novellas and I just feel so behind. I think I'll give this series another shot soon because this book is just taunting me to read it.






2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I bought this book because it was really cheap in the bargain section (the reason for most of my book purchases). I heard great things about it from Katytastic on YouTube so I just bought it on a whim one day and I have yet to get to it. Another one in which the series is now complete and I can marathon the whole thing.






3. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
I read Delirium a long time ago and really liked it. I found it a bit slow but I loved the story so I wanted to continue on and see what happened. I've been 70 pages into this book for four years and I haven't been able to get any further. It's so ridiculous and I'm so embarrassed because Delirium was so good, I don't know why I put it down for so long.






4. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Another book I bought because it was cheap. Whoops. I read Shiver and I hated it. So naturally, I went out and bought the next two books in the series. I finally finished Linger this year so it's about time I get to Forever and finish off the series.







5. Starters by Lissa Price
When I bought this book I was so excited because it sounded so cool. It's a sci-fi about robots and cyborgs and I was so interested in the synopsis. But then it got left on my shelf for years and I haven't touched it since. I think this will be one of the first ones I get to because it's been a ridiculously long time since I bought it.






6. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenburg
I originally picked this book up at the library and never got a chance to finish it because I had to return it. I went out and bought my own really cheap copy and still haven't read it. I want to know what happens because this one interested me as well.







7. Partials by Dan Wells
This one has the same story as #6. I borrowed it from the library but had to return it before I finished it. I bought my own copy and it's been waiting on my shelf for a while now. I've actually heard a lot of really great things about this one so I don't know why it's taking me so long to finally get back to it.







8. Pivot Point by Kasie West
This was one of my most anticipated books of 2014 so it's really surprising to me that I haven't picked it up yet. Now the duology's complete and I've read some of Kasie's other books so I know I like her writing so it's just a matter of me getting around to it. Another one I'll probably read in the near future.







That's it for today's post. These are just some of the books I need to get to. There are so many books, ones I own and ones I don't, that I really want to get to. Let me know some of the books you need to get around to reading!

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts