Friday 11 December 2015

Illuminae by Amy Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae by Amy Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Published: Knopf Books for Young Readers, October 20th, 2015
Pages: 599
Source: Hardcover, library
Genre: Science Fiction
Rating: 5/5

How I Felt: Reading this book was the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. This was perfection. Complete and utter perfection. This book ripped out my heart, gave it a good squeeze and then patched it back together with a bit of hope for the next book. Perfect.

I don't know what to do with myself. I have to wait a year for the sequel? No way. It's not going to be possible. There is a guarantee I will lose my mind before then.

I picked this book up at the library because I wasn't sure if I'd like it because of the way it was written and the way the story was told through files and messages and codes and video surveillance and a lot of other crazy things. But I was wrong, I had no trouble following along at all and I will now go out and buy my own copy. (Or three.) (Or four.)

The ending had me going back and rereading the very first page and watching all the puzzle pieces fall into place. Pure genius. So well done. My gosh, this book had me enthralled. I spent six hours straight just reading this book. I couldn't stop, it consumed my every thought. I don't think I've ever read a book like this.

Kady and Ezra. Great job at ripping my heart to shreds and causing a million tears to fall from my eyes. More more more more. Where's book two??

The chapters from AIDAN's P.O.V were so weird yet intoxicating. I have to know more about this machine with feelings. More everything in this world. Also, I need more knowledge on BeiTech and Phobos. I have so many questions!

Overall, I think it's safe to say I loved this book. If you can only read one more book for the rest of your life, it needs to be this one. Now, please excuse me while I cry for a whole year in anticipation of the second installment in this brilliant gem of a series. All the stars.

 

Favourite Quotes:
  • “You have me. Until ever last star in the galaxy dies.
    You have me.”
  • “She runs. Not away, but toward.”  
  • “Part of being alive is having life change us. The people around us, the events we live through, all of them shape us. And that's what I think you're afraid of. Maybe not of dying. But of this you, the you you've become, ceasing to exist.”
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie
 
***Quotes taken from Goodreads.com and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff***
*Info on book taken from Goodreads.com*

*Images taken from Google.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts