Thursday 24 December 2015

Tis the Season Book Tag


We've come to the end of Daily Posts Week, day 6 is here! I hope everyone enjoyed these posts as much as I did. I thought I'd end of the week with a Christmas themed post so today I'll be bringing you the 'Tis the Season book tag! I have no idea who created this so I apologise for that. I also want to mention that no one tagged me to do this, I just thought it'd be a fun way to end off the week. Let's get this show on the road!

Question 1: Do you have a favourite winter read?
I don't really have a book I read every winter, but I do have a favourite genre. I love reading fantasy books in the winter because they make me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and slip into another world. Fantasy books make me want to stay indoors and read all day which I think is perfect for winter.

Question 2: Find a book with blue on the cover.
I immediately thought of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. This is a book that always makes me think of winter. While I didn't like this book, I always think about it during the winter time because it's set around that time and my mind always falls on this one first for these types of questions.

Question 3: Find a book you'd use as the star on a Christmas tree.
I'm going with Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff because it was one of my favourite books of the year and I want it's awesome writing and story to shine bright from the top of the tree this Christmas.

Question 4: Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a winter holiday.
I'm going to be basic and go with Hogwarts. I think spending time here during any holiday would be the best thing ever.

Question 5: Pick one fictional character you'd take with you on your winter holiday.
This is a tough one because there are so many but I think I'd take Aelyx from the Alienated series by Melissa Landers because he'd have no clue what anything was so it would be fun to just go places with him and watch him try to figure out the use of all these human gadgets.

Question 6: Name one book on your wish list this year.
There are so many! But at the top I'd say is Winter by Marissa Meyer. I can't wait to read this book and finish off the Lunar Chronicles series and find out what happens to all my favourite characters. And there's bound to be a lot of kick-butt action scenes so I'm excited for that too!

Question 7: Favourite holiday drink, treat, and movie.
My favourite holiday drink is hot chocolate, my favourite treat is gingerbread cookies and my favourite holiday movie is Home Alone (I swear this year I've already seen it at least 15 times!)

That's it for the tag! I hope it was entertaining. Thanks for sticking around for the week of daily posts, I hope it was worthwhile!

Merry Christmas!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts