Saturday 9 April 2016

March Bookish Wrap-up

Hello lovely book people! Sorry for my lack of posting lately but school's been keeping me busy for the last month. I haven't had much free time for anything so that's the reason for the lack of posts. I'm trying to make a schedule so that becomes less of a problem.

Anyhow, today I'm continuing with something I started doing last month which is wrapping up everything bookish that happened within the month of March. Feast your eyes on these lovely books!

Favourite New Releases: As always, many amazing books came out this month! My TBR pile is constantly growing so at this rate I'll be 80 and still have a million books to read but what's wrong with that right? True to my disorganized fashion, these aren't in order of release date.

  1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Finally this book came out! I still haven't been able to get my hands on it but I'm so excited for more shadowhunters!
  2. The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins. I believe this is about a competition where the winner that kills the beast terrorizing this kingdom wins the Princess's hand in marriage. I love Wendy Higgins's writing and will always read her books.
  3. Burning Glass by Katheryn Purdie. Another fantasy about a girl who can feel people's emotions and is charged with protecting the King. It sounds so good and I can't wait to pick it up!
  4. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. This is about a girl who's a sharpshooter and has to disguise herself as a boy. Just that alone makes me want to read it. Oh, and it takes place in the desert. Check, check, check.
  5. Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige. This is the third book in the Dorothy Must Die series and I can't wait to continue on with this series. (Also, it was announced that this series is getting a fourth book and I cry.)
Favourite Blog Posts from other Bloggers: Like in February, I haven't written many of my own posts so I've spent so much time reading others. These are the few that I really enjoyed and found thought provoking or inspired me for my own posts.
  1. Morissa's post about Book to Film Adaptations
  2. Booknut101's post about March Book Mail
  3. Ivey's post about Her Thoughts on White Authors Writing about PoC
My Blog Posts: Alas, I only posted twice last month, and one of those was my February wrap-up. Whoops.

My review for: Queen Song and Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard
My Bookish February Wrap-up

Book Haul: Surprisingly, I only bought one book this month? That's a first. My bookshelves thank me. Well I guess it's partially because I barely left my house. Here it is:

Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie. This was the new release I mentioned above and I can't wait to read it!










What I Read: I read eight books this month and I am so proud that I was able to reach that. I'm currently on track for my Goodreads goal so I'm content with that.

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas: 5/5. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading this. I love all of Sarah's books and I can't wait to read more in the future.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery: 5/5. My friend read this just before I did and she made me interested so I decided to pick it up. It was such a quick, heart-warming read and I loved it! Maybe I'll even get around to seeing the movie (she said hopefully).

The Siren by Kiera Cass: 5/5. I gobbled this book up. I buddy read this with another friend and it was so great to have someone to sob with.

Queen Song by Victoria Aveyard: 3/5. I bought Cruel Crown in February so I finally got around to reading these novellas. This one was my favourite of the two in the bind-up. You can find my review for both linked above.

Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard: 2.5/5. I didn't like this novella as much because I didn't like Farely's narrative. I did like getting to see more of Shade though.

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard: 4/5. I decided to continue on and read Glass Sword. If you didn't know, I wasn't the biggest fan of Red Queen but I was surprised by this book. I didn't love it but it was definitely an improvement from the first one and I'm looking forward to seeing where this series is going.

Macbeth by William Shakespeare: 3/5. This was a book I had to read for school. I liked it more than Romeo and Juliet but his books just aren't my cup of tea.

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas: 5/5. This book gets all the stars. I'm so happy I finally read it and I don't know why I waited so long. This book made me a mess with emotions and I love Maas's writing so much. Ugh, just beautiful.

I don't have any new authors to talk about this month that I read. I just stuck with those I loved because I was so busy and didn't have time to experiment.

Favourite Book Fanart:
 
I just had to pick one from Throne of Glass because I am still a mess of emotions.
 
Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts