Saturday 7 May 2016

April Bookish Wrap-up!

Welcome to another wrap up! I'm really excited to be doing these posts now because I find it so fun to just look back on the month and see all the bookish things that happened! Also, this year is flying by so fast! It's already May so that means exams are coming up soon and I am not looking forward to that at all. Anyways, here we go!

Favourite New Releases: There weren't too many books that came out last month that I was interested, but my TBR pile is still continuously growing...

  1. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead. When this book was first announced I was so excited because it sounded so cool to me but now that it's out I've heard a lot of negative reviews and I'm worried. But I still really want to pick it up and give it a shot! (Also, this cover is gorgeous!)
  2. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
  3. Dreamology by Lucy Keating. This book came out of nowhere and kind of surprised me. I hadn't heard too much about it but I saw a YouTube video about it and I was immediately hooked. (I almost bought it last month but I already bought too many other books)
  4. Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins. This is the third book in the Rebel Belle series and I can't wait to see what happens. I loved the first book but the second one disappointed me a little so I'm excited to see what's in store for this one!
Favourite Blog Posts from Other Bloggers:
Sadly, I haven't had a lot of free time in April because I had so much going on with school but in May I hope to explore the bookish interwebs a bit more!

My Blog Post: Also because of my busyness in April, the only post I uploaded was my March bookish wrap-up. I rock.

My March Bookish Wrap-up

Book Haul: As many book lovers know, when you don't have a lot of time to read books, you tend to buy more to make up for it because that makes so much sense. I know I have a problem and I accept it. Oh, and it's official: I've run out of space on my shelves and I've resorted to stacking book up in piles on my desk.

Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking. This is the second book in the Kanin Chronicles series and I'm really liking it so far!

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. As soon as I read the synopsis for this book I had to get my hands on it. It's about the descendants of Holmes and Watson and I cry this is so amazing I can't wait to read it.

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. Everyone always talks about how amazing Sanderson is so I thought I'd give him a shot with this book because it was on sale. Gotta get those deals.

On the Fence by Kasie West. Kasie West is the queen of quick, fun, cute contemporary romances. I could read these books till the day I die. All the excitement for this.

What I Read: So I read 5 books this month, and one of them was for school. I'm pretty happy with that considering how much I had going on. I hope maybe I can read a little bit more this month to catch up with my reading goal.

Switched by Amanda Hocking. 3/5. After Queen of Shadows, I was left in a weird state so I didn't know what to read. I picked this up on a whim and I really enjoyed it. It was so easy to fly through and I love Hocking's writing. Definitely recommend if you feel a slump coming on.

Torn by Amanda Hocking. 3/5. I started marathoning this series because I became addicted and I didn't really feel in the mood for someone else. At this point in the series, Finn was kind of like Chaol to me and I wanted to punch him in the face. But it was a good sequel.

Ascend by Amanda Hocking. 4/5. Definitely my favourite book in the series. I loved how everything wrapped up and it did bring a few tears to my eyes! Loki is precious.

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking. 4/5. (As you can tell I binge read a lot of Amanda Hocking last month.) I really liked this book, especially because there were so many cameos from the Trylle series! But I also really like Bryn and her character. I can't wait to see where the story goes!

Lord of the Flies by William Hocking. 2.5/5. I had to read this for school and I wasn't too impressed. While it was a good and important overall story, the writing just didn't work for me. I found it to be very inconsistent with the pacing and it was so descriptive it just wasn't keeping my attention.

I don't really have any new authors to talk about again because I literally only read two. I have a problem and I need to branch out more.

Favourite Book Fanart:

I just had to pick this book because the Selection series comes to an end this month with the Crown and I can't handle all the emotions right now!

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

*Images taken from Google.ca*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts